Terms and conditions
Please note that by accessing the Neue Galerie New York’s website (www.neuegalerie.org), you accept without limitation or qualification the following terms and conditions as they are outlined below. The Neue Galerie reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please exit the Neue Galerie website now and refrain from further use.
1. The text, images, videos, audio files, and all other data on the Neue Galerie New York (herein referred to as the "Museum") website (herein referred to as the "Site") are protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The Museum retains all rights it may hold, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the "Materials"). Copyright and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, the Museum.
2. The Museum expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on the Site, except for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Users may download these files for their own use, subject to any additional terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file or program. Users must, however, cite the author and source of the Materials as they would material from any printed work, and the citations should include the URL “www.neuegalerie.org.”
Unauthorized publication or exploitation of Museum’s Materials is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these Materials for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior permission. For information about image licensing of works held in the Museum’s collection, please follow this link.
3. By downloading, printing, or otherwise using Materials from the Museum Site, whether accessed directly from this website or via other sites or mechanisms, you represent and warrant that your use will be consistent with these Terms and Conditions, including fair use, and will not violate the Museum’s or any other party's proprietary rights. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Museum, its affiliates, trustees, directors, officers, employees, or agents harmless from all claims, causes, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees), judgments, liabilities, losses, and damages arising from or relating to your use of the Museum Site.
4. Many of the trademarks, service marks, and logos (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on this Site, are registered and/or unregistered marks of the Museum. The Trademarks of third parties may also be displayed on this Site. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks displayed on the Site without the express written permission of the Materials or any third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the Trademarks or any other Materials, except as authorized in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited.
5. Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Site are provided "AS IS" WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The Museum assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your use of the Site or your downloading of any Materials from the Site. The Museum does not warrant that the Site will provide continuous, prompt, secure, or error-free service. The Museum makes reasonable, ongoing efforts to revise and update the Site, but assumes no liability for any errors or omissions, including the inaccuracy of content, or for any damages or losses that you or any third party may incur as a result of the unavailability of the Site.
6. The Museum does not warrant that use of the Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Museum. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist's heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
7. The Museum has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
8. The Museum may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions.